Acne or ‘zits’, as they are commonly called, are a common problem throughout the world. The exact cause of this condition may vary and there are significant reasons to believe that the occurrences of pimples are more concentrated in the early phases of the teenage years. These Reasons aside, these can be a source of discomfort for many people and there can be various causes for the development of acne.
Causes of Acne
Acne can be a significant problem, especially for teenagers. Though most forms of zits are temporary and would go within a short while, young adults are known to become obsessed with the condition. This can lead to significant loss of confidence. There are certain groups of population that are more vulnerable to develop pimples than others.
- Acne is related to the secretion of hormones as one enters the stage of puberty. The chances of Acne are more during this stage as the hormones react with the upper layer of the skin.
- Oily skin prevents the moisture to escape from the epidermal layer of the skin. This causes the moisture to be locked in the pores. Consequently, pimples may develop. The same can be said for dirt that has accumulated long enough to prevent the expulsion of moisture.
- Reactions to medications. There are instances when the cause of Acne can be claimed to be the effect of medications. The exact nature of the reactions would depend on the person in question and his metabolic buildup.
- Many believe that this situation reveal some greater issues in the human body. In many cases, the skin is an indicator of the condition of the body.
Prevention of Acne
There are certain precautions that can be followed to prevent the occurrence of Acne. The methods mentioned below can reduce the probability of occurrence of pimples.
- Keep your skin clean – This is a habit that would help the overall well-being of your skin. The skin contains numerous pores that release sweat. Unless the skin is kept clean, these pores can be blocked by dirt or other such particles. Many a time, the clogging of the pores results in the growth of pimples. Thus, you would be well served if you keep it clean.
- Avoid oily food – There can be little doubt to be fact that consuming excess oily food can lead to the development of pimples. Oil prevents the escape of sweat through the outer most epidermal layer, thus in a way this can lead to the development of pimples.
- Do not scrub the acne – Many develop the habit of scrub and forcibly removing the pimples. This should be avoided as this can lead to long lasting scars on your skin. This can lead to scars that would be difficult to remove later on.
- Avoid unknown formulations – Advertisements recommend a lot of different varieties of ointments and face cleaning agents. However, it is highly dangerous to try out any product. Instead stick to the basics of maintaining a healthy living. Exercise, drink lots of water and enjoy your fresh fruits.